Rick Steves IrelandRick Steves Books
- Current Stock:
- 0.90 LBS
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
In Rick Steves Ireland you'll find in-depth Rick-tested information on:
- Dublin and Nearby
- Dun Laoghaire and Howth
- Valley of the Boyne (including Brú na Bóinne and Trim)
- Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains
- South Ireland
- Kilkenny and the Rock of Cashel
- Waterford and County Wexford
- Kinsale and Cobh
- Kenmare, the Ring of Kerry, Skellig Michael, and sights near Killarney
- Dingle Peninsula and Nearby
- Dingle Town
- Dingle Peninsula Loop Trip
- Blasket Islands
- County Clare
- Cliffs of Moher
- The Burren
- Aran Islands
- Connemara and County Mayo
- Connemara and County Mayo self-guided driving tour
- Stops between Galway and Derry
- County Donegal
- Northern Ireland
- Portrush and the Antrim Coast
- Self-guided walks
- Easy-to-follow maps (including color maps of Ireland, central Dublin, and the Dingle and "Ring of Kerry" Peninsulas)
- Trip planning: When to go, pre-trip checklist, festivals and holidays, recommended books and movies
- Recommended three-week itinerary and advice on planning your time and avoiding lines
- Transportation: Driving, trains, buses, city transit, and ferries
- Irish history, culture, language, and cuisine
- Handy Irish–Yankee vocabulary list
- Detailed advice on managing money, communicating, reserving rooms, handling emergencies, and other helpful hints
Also included: a 14½" x 19½" full-color fold-out Planning Map that shows all of Ireland, plus key driving distances/times and a close-up of the Dingle and "Ring of Kerry" peninsulas — as well as more handy close-ups (showing major sights) on the back: Dublin, Belfast, Derry, Galway, and Dingle town. (Note: This is a slightly smaller version of Rick's stand-alone Ireland Planning Map.)
Is This the Right Book for Me?
What's the difference between this Ireland book and Rick's Best of Ireland guidebook?
Rick Steves Ireland, the complete guide, offers more coverage of more destinations in a mostly black-and-white format, and is updated annually.
The shorter Rick Steves Best of Ireland guidebook focuses on Ireland's top destinations and sights, is in full color, and is updated every other year.
Both books are packed with hand-picked recommendations and Rick's travel advice and tips for saving time, money, and hassle.
Should I get either of the Snapshot guides for Ireland in addition to the Ireland guidebook?
No, because the two Snapshot guides for Ireland are simply excerpted chapters taken directly from the complete Rick Steves Ireland guidebook.